Jamacha is a-Buzzing

Jamacha Hawk activity was in full swing as Superintendent Miyashiro, Board Member Miller, and Naranca AP Johnson visited this week. Among the highlights were 5th graders preparing for Biz Town; 4th graders using Hyperdoc to create content,;3rd graders preparing for their annual musical program,; K – 2nd graders developing their abilities as self-regulated learners through blended learning rotations, and TKs creating a neighborhood in their maker space, We were finalizing preparations for our CYT performance of Peter Pan Tuesday night, our annual Father-Daughter Sock Hop Friday, and our Moton event later in the month. Jamacha is a-buzzing!

To my Hawk family – teachers, scholars, and families – I’m proud of our hard work and perseverance to learn and use new and exciting technology to ensure that each and every one of our scholars excels, learns to love learning, and begins to explore their passions and talents.  David noticed that we’re ahead of the pack in piloting Smarty Ants and consistently have stellar data on ST Math.  And we continue to learn about, try out, and evaluate new programs and apps to drive student achievement.

Jamacha teachers are the “lead learners” right along with me here at Jamacha.  Kudos!

Kathy Skube, Principal

Jamacha Elementary School