Magnolia is AWEsome

Magnolia never ceases to amaze me or our visitors.  There are many things I can share…our adventures with new furnishings and flexible seating, a commitment to making learning visible, implementation of STREAM experiences/projects to engage students and help them learn and connect with their strengths, interests, and values…

However, a note I received from Lucy R after a learning walk really says it all:

What an inspiring morning!  I sent you detailed notes of what we saw by grade level, but just wanted to share a few highlights.  The first thing I noticed was the consistency across and within grades along with high expectations in so many classrooms.  Another thing that stood out was the warm, caring, and strong communities in the classrooms. Student engagement, writing volume, enthusiasm, and classroom management were evident across the grades. We also came away with ideas for where we might head next.

Although only some grades have had the PD on goal setting, many teachers were jumping ahead and doing it with their conferencing.

I am in awe of what they have accomplished without any PD last year- a very special group! 

Magnolia is AWEsome.  

Amanda Silva, Principal

Magnolia Elementary School