Emerging Fringe Program
San Diego County Regional Competition
January 5, 2015
RAW Space at The Spreckels Theatre Lyceum Theatre
Preliminaries: Semifinals: Finals:
Saturday, May 23rd, 2015 – 12pm. Tuesday, July 28th, 2015 – 6pm. Sunday, August 2nd, 2015 – 2pm.
The San Diego International Fringe Festival is thrilled to announce its premiere regional competition for performing artists, grades 7-12, to showcase their original works in a professional San Diego theater. Faculty from public and private schools are invited to choose entrants for competition in the San Diego International Fringe Festival’s first annual Emerging Fringe Program.
Prizes Awarded: 1st place – 2nd place – 3rd place –
$250 & School Trophy $150 & School Trophy $100 & School Trophy
All disciplines and genres of the performing arts are welcome to participate in the Emerging Fringe Competition. Teachers from each department may elect one student or a group. All acts entered into the preliminaries must present a piece no longer than 3 minutes. Professional Judges and audience members will vote on their choice of winners. The Final showcase will be the top 7 winners of the Semifinals. In the Finals, each group or soloist must perform the same piece from the Semifinals and in the second act they must perform a new piece under 3 minutes.
Teachers and schools are encouraged to choose students based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Student(s) must have been enrolled in grades 7-12 during the competition year.
2. All pieces must be original works created by the student(s).
3. Student(s) or group would benefit from exposure during San Diego International Fringe Festival.
4. Student(s) or group demonstrate professional work ethic.
5. A group consists of 10 or less performers on stage.
The deadline for submissions is April 15th, 2015. Information must be provided in full or your submission will not be accepted. Please email the Director of Special Events, Liliana Ciurlino at firstname.lastname@example.org with your school or department’s choice for Emerging Artist 2015, with these specifics:
• Primary contact information: Your full name, school name and department.
• Full names of all participating students.
• Title of piece, title of musical selection, and 40 word description of the work to be presented.
There will be no technical rehearsals. Performers have 1 minute to set up and strike sets. Music must be given to stage manager at call time on an IPod, mp3 player, or laptop.
You may submit a second entrant – HOWEVER, space may not be granted (depending on the number of schools participating).
￼PAGE 1 OF 1
￼SAN DIEGO FRINGE FESTIVAL
5120-C Baltimore Dr. | La Mesa, CA 91942 | p 619-460-4294 | f 619-460-4544 | www.sdfringe.org
A project of contACT ARTS, a 501c3 non-profit – Tax ID: 30-0189270